Differently Abled Tamil Association (DATA) said yesterday that around 20,011 are co-travelling with the community encountering several challenges.
The Differently abled in Northern Province joined the differently abled of the world in celebrating the Differently abled’s Day, yesterday.
In a context where no solution has been found for the day to day problems encountered by the Differently abled , more than 38,012 differently abled in North and East are living with concern for their future.
The Association for Alternatively abled (Data) is engage in several endeavours in finding solution to problems encountered by the Differently abled.
The policy of the Association includes :
* Getting from Dependency on others
* Proper approach facilities to the Public places and Offices.
* At least a payment of not less than Rs. 10,000/=
* Self employment opportunities.
* 3% more employment opportunities in State employment.
* Accommodation will proper facilities being provided.
* Legal provisions, educational facilities, facilities to train for international competitions.