Tamils all over the world got together sentimentally yesterday 18th in remembering the war dead.
Tamils in the homeland broke every attempt to stop them from remembering and paying homage to their kith and kin killed in war , especially at Mullivaikkal beaches. They got together without any party or other discrimination in lighting sacrificial Flames and paying floral homage to their kith and kin who laid their lives in the genocide against Tamils perpetrated at Mullivaikkal.
Some of the other events are listed below:
* University of Jaffna – Massive flame lighted at the main entrance and meeting in the main hall.
*Batticaloa- Commemorative events organized in Vavunathrrvu by the Tamil National Alliance.
* Amparai – at Kalmunai Murugan temple, participated by Eastern MPs and EPC members and the public.
* Kilinochchi Karaichchi Pradeshiya Sabai President , members and public joined in remembering the war dead.
* Commemorative events organized by the Tamil National People’s Front were held in Marutankerni and Vaharai with the participation of large number of public, religious dignitaries and political leaders.
*Trincomalee- Commemorative event was organised by the Tamil National People’s Front in Vakarai.
* Mannar- Although the events were planned to be held in Mannar Town Council hall , later held at Upukulam Sithi Vinayagar temple due to courts order.
* Keerimalai Naguleswarar temple was the site of the religious observations for the people fallen prey to genocide, participated by the CM, NPC and large number public.
* Vallipunam, organized by NPC Minister Deneeswaran CM and members with public participated .
* Vavuniya – Katkuli Muthumari Amman temple.