The Jaffna – Kilinochchi District Conference of the Eelam People’s Revolutionary Liberation Front was held yesterday at the Weerasingam Hall, Jaffna.
A resolution to the effect that an Alternate Political Team necessary to win over rights of Tamil People. Other resolutions included the following:
- The matter of non implementation of UN resolution should be handed over by the UN to Security Council or an exclusive panel.
- Repeal PTA.
- Releasing Political prisoners without any condition.
- International investigation should be held on persons made to disappear.
- Stopping the security forces from engaging in agriculture and business.
- Employment opportunities in district should be provided to persons within the District.
- Upgrading Palaly Air Port to Regional Air Port brought to the attention of the Indian and Sri Lankan Governments.
- Drug abuse should be eliminated with heavy punishments.
- Re-commissioning of KKS cement, Paranthan Chemical and Odduchuddan Tile factories to provide employment to hundreds of people.
- Provide livelihood assistance to 12,000 rehabilitated Porazhis.
- Guaranteed prices determined to agricultural products of the North.