Under the aegis of the North – Eastern Coordinating Committee, a North – East wise attention drawing demonstrations were held yesterday demanding International Judicial Mechanism on Sri Lanka.
The said demonstration commenced at 10.00 a.m. in all districts of the Provinces, and ended with memoranda being handed over to respective district offices of the UN to be sent to Geneva.
In a context where the UNHRC sessions are in process, several demands including the demand that International investigations for the war crimes and human rights violations.
General Public and civil society organizations took part in the rally bearing placards which read:
- Hand over lands of people and public organizations under control of the Army!
- Eliminate Militarization !
- Due reply regarding missing persons!
- Stop investigations on Human Rights Activists and representatives of Civil Societies!
- Release Political Prisoners!
- Implement SEEDO Laws against violence against women in Sri Lanka!
- Constitute International Mechanism with International Judges!