Search
Saturday 5 December 2020
  • :
  • :

The Destruction of 180 acre of forest exposed by the inquiries on the attack of 2 Media men

The Destruction of 180 acre of forest exposed by the inquiries on the attack of 2 Media men

The destruction of 180 acre forest land at Naganchcholai has been exposed due to the inquiries undertaken by the Mulaitheevu Police, on the orders of  the court, relevant to the attack by timber smugglers on the Mulaitheevu District mediamen, Shanmugam Thavaseelan and Kanapathypillai Kumanan, who attempted to cover destruction of the Forest.

Police informed the Court that 180 acre of State Forest Land had been in the Naganchcholai Forest area including the areas indicated by the media men, where they alleged Teak trees had been cut down.

The case regarding the attack on Media men who went to cover the illegal forest destruction has been taken up for hearing yesterday in the Mulaitheevu  District Courts.

The Police and the Forest department officials have said that so far they are unable to confirm who undertook the destruction of the Forest. Although some cases have been filed regarding the forest destruction, no suspects had been arrested, but a lot of cut down timber had been captured. They said.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *