The struggle undertaken by the people of Kepapulavu , demanding the release of their ancestral lands, continued for the 17th day yesterday. More than 150 students of the Management and Commerce Faculty joined the people in protest and had held an attention drawing protest yesterday. They were holding placards which read including the following:
* Is there no end to the refugee life of people of Kepapulavu ?
* How can the students continue their studies without proper shelter?
* Is living without the right to live on own lands Democracy?
* Is occupying lands inhabited by 7 generations Good Governance?
* Can the livelihood of people be destroyed for the good of the Army?
* Army is for protecting the abodes of people, not to occupy them.
0 When shall be development possible, while even the basic needs are to obtained by struggle?