Banners have been exhibited around the University of Jaffna insisting the release of Student Leaders and Canteen operated who were arrested under the Emergency Law accusing them with possession of photographs of Prabhakaran and Thileepan.
Following the Easter Sunday bomb attack on the 21st of last month, emergency laws were activated and search operations are being undertaken on a country wise basis.
According the Army undertook a search operation in the Jaffna University on the 3rd of this month and arrested the Student Leaders and the Canteenoperator.
Several factions had protested that this is a deliberate act of the Government , squeezing the voice of the Tamil people through destroying the future of the Tamil students and further insisted their release. Posters have been exhibited around the University complex , with a view to the future of the students and insisting their release. The poster cry out the following:
* Do the needful to release the Student Leaders and the Canteen Operator, who are in prison in vain, without wasting time!
* Let the prison doors open rapidly!
* Let the doors of our University unnecessarily closed also open rapidly!
* Why the Laws which came to protect turned against innocents?
* learning of students in Prison?