- The MIC officer who claimed to have killed Lasantha andcomitted suicide was at home at the time of the murder.
- The PTA draft will not come this year: Dr.Pakiasothy Saravanamuthu, Director, Centre for alternate Policies.
- The Government will not allow any corrupt persons to escape: Minister of Justice, Wijeyadasa Rajapakse.
Development work will be commenced in the Vihares in North and East: President Maithri pala Sirisena.
- Tamil people did not ask for a separation in the country: Minister Arjuna Ranathunga.
- 700 secret complaints made with UNHR commissioner Al Hussein
- Precedence to Buddhism in the new constitution: President Maithri.