The relatives of persons handed over to the Army and person made to disappear have started a non-violent continuous struggle demanding in formation on their relatives who went missing after being handed over to the Army and relatives who were made to disappear, near the Kilinochchi Kanthaswamy Temple from around 10.00a.m., yesterday. They exhibited slogans including the following:
- Sri Lankan Government! accept International Laws on Missing persons
- Release Political Prisoners.
- Publish the name list of people made to disappear.
- Hand over the lands grabbed from our people back to them.
- UN, grant no time for accountability to Sri Lankan Government.
- Are you going to give our lands after our death.
We engaged in several struggles to find our relatives. Over time political leaders and Leaders of parties gave us empty promises. We were cheated by all whom we believed. We are not ready to believe anybody. We will continue our struggle until a permanent solution is reached, they said.