* A Protest Rally and demonstration was held In Jaffna Town yesterday demanding justice for the shooting on High Court Judge, M.Manickavasagar organized by the Organizations for Social Justice.
* An attention drawing protest was held by the Government servants in front the District Secretariat.
* Suspicions are generated by saying that Ilancheliyan is not the target…..NPC Member Sivajilingam.
* Police is trying the distract the attack on the judge………Northern Lawyers Association.
* Kilinochchi courts was paralyzed by the boycott against the shooting on Judge by Lawyers
* Private Bus Owners in Kilinochchi, Vavuniya Mannar, Mullai and Jaffna boycotted providing services partly paralyzing the transport services . SLTB b uses were on service.
* Lawyers of Vavuniya court boycotted the court activities and held a silent(with mouths bound by black clothes.) demonstration outside the court premises.
* I strongly condemn the attack and offer my heartfelt condolence to the family of SI, Hemachchandra, who was killed in the attack…..Tharmalingam Sitharththan, MP
* Attack on the Judge a cowardice act……………Selvam Adaikalanathan MP.
* Stop transforming as peace park into Fright park……….Sivasakthy Anandan, MP.
* This should be viewed as an attack on the country, judiciary and on Jaffna……Northern Provincial council.
* The Lawyers Association, Trincomalee held a Protest Rally condemning the shooting on Judge Ilancheliyan.
* Batticaloa Lawyers joined the protests against the shooting on Judge Illancheliyan with a slogan of “Judiciary will not be afraid of bullets.”
* We consider it as a massive threat to the daring actions of the judge to establish justice…….Jaffna Diocese Commission for Peace and Justice.